To coincide with the start of the 2018 MLB postseason, Under Armour has just released their latest baseball cleat (and trainer) to the public with the arrival of the UA Yard cleat.
The shoe has been worn this season by some of the most popular players in the league including Andrew Benintendi of the Boston Red Sox, Dee Gordon of the Seattle Mariners, Willson Contreras of the Chicago Cubs, Clayton Kershaw of the LA Dodgers, Justin Verlander of the Houston Astros and Miguel Andujar of the New York Yankees, among many others. Unlike any other baseball cleat you’ve seen before, the UA Yard is made to look and feel like a running sneaker, keeping players exceptionally comfortable well into extra innings, because in baseball, comfort is key. With a background in designing running sneakers, Under Armour Senior Footwear Designer, Gabe To’oto’o, took everything he knew and applied it to these unique cleats.
Some of the key performance technologies and benefits the UA Yard offers include:
- Molded heel, stretch collar & signature textiles make it fit & feel like your favorite sneaker.
- Super-soft suede combines old-school style with new-school performance for enhanced baseball movement.
- Ventilated tongue keeps you feeling cool during the hot summer months.
- 9 metal spikes that dig in for explosive speed & power.
- UA Charged Cushioning returns energy & feels incredible while the molded sockliner forms perfectly to your foot.
Starting today, the UA Yard cleat ($90 USD) and UA Yard trainer ($85 USD) are available for purchase at Under Armour Brand Houses, UA.com, and at select retailers.