Nike takes extreme pride in its products and put the utmost in to their research development. The mark of a great performance based shoe can often be seen in how Nike upgrades and further tweaks a model. Nike Basketball’s Nike Hyperdunk is the epitome of that process. As another year goes by Nike evolves the kicks with the Nike Hyperdunk 2014. The Hyperdunk line is extremely performance based with ballers from the pros, like Paul George, to high school athletes rocking them. Here is what Nike had to say about the 2014 rendition:
The Nike Hyperdunk continues to evolve its innovative legacy established in 2008. It was an introduction that transformed basketball shoe design as we know it. Debuting here for the first time, the Nike Hyperdunk 2014 is defined by its lightweight feel and superior cushioning.
The Nike Basketball design team was dedicated to progressing the shoe’s performance, with valuable insight that came from a full year wear-testing and obsessing the details. Its dynamic fit has a great step-in feel, enhancing natural motion while featuring the following key performance benefits:
- Lunarlon cushioning midsole provides a soft, responsive ride
- Hyperfuse construction creates a breathable, flexible upper
- Flywire technology delivers dynamic lockdown through the midfoot
With summer basketball here, on-court versatility and breathability was essential. The design focus was to provide a great shoe for both indoor and outdoor use that could stand the heat and breathability needs of summer hoops.
Hyperdunk 2014 product details include:
- Hyperfuse construction creates a nearly seamless, one-piece upper that is lightweight, breathable, durable and supportive
- The upper has fewer layers, making it ultra-breathable and flexible
- Flywire technology is dynamic and lightweight, providing lockdown through the midfoot. Its strong cables loosen and tighten with the natural motion of the foot
- Dynamic foam collar provides a comfortable fit
- Lunarlon midsole provides ultra-soft, lightweight cushioning that delivers excellent response.
- Solid-rubber outsole with herringbone pattern provides durability and traction on a variety of surfaces.
The Hyperdunk 2014 is available beginning July 16 at Nike.com and retail stores worldwide.